UpCycled Dresser using AMY HOWARD PAINT

Hi you all so I was given this fantastic dresser by a good friend! I already had in mind where I wanted this dresser to be. So I went insearch for some Amy Howard Paint since I had just been seeing all of her videos on youtube and I was so sold on her paint. Well it turns out where I live the closest store and the only store that carried it here in Southern tip of Texas is at ACE BORDERLAND HARDWARE  IN WESLACO. The staff was so friendly and  helpfull it was Like I had walked into an old town where everyone knows your name! I loved the ambiance of the shop and will definetly go back!


The first thing I did was completely sand down the dresser with n electric sander which I purchased at Harbor Freight for under $30 such a great investment it made the sanding process run smoothly and quickly!


Next, I used my chocolate brown base paint and left some areas of the natural color un-touched so that the natural color would come out as well. After that set for most of the morning I then added the cracked patina on top of the brown base coat. I do not have the exact color of the brown since I forgot the colors name it is not on the container, but it is a medium brown color.


After I let the Cracked Patina set dry and was not sticky I then added my final color which is called INDIAN SUMMER.  I then let that set or the rest of the day then I came back to it the following morning to ass some Light Antique Wax to add a finish to the dresser.


Then I went to HOME DEPOT to find some handles. The handles you see here are in the color Copper by Rustoleum. I had to spray paint these because the original color was silver and I was going for a more brown/ copper tone. Then, I found some  baskets at Bed Bath and Beyond These were the closest to color and size that I could get I wanted them bigger, but as I searched for wider baskets they taller they would get. So these will do for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Side Hustle #1 Idea》Leather Key Fobs》Wristlet

Welcome to Thrifty Tuesday!

Welcome to THRIFTY TUESDAY